TOP COUNTRIES OF ORIGIN
• Business Management/Marketing
• Science and Technology
• Visual and Performing Arts
Internationally Renowned Research
A STEP ABOVE
over 21 countries
FIND YOUR INSPIRATION.
• The friendly staff in International Student and Scholar Services is available throughout the year to advise you on work authorization, immigration, driver’s licenses and other important topics.
• The Global Living Learning Community (Global LLC) pairs international students with domestic students in campus residence halls so you can experience a culturally diverse living environment.
Experience American Life
• Try a Philadelphia cheesesteak, soft pretzel or water ice from one of the many cafes and food trucks in the neighborhood.
• Temple’s Center for the Arts offers programs dedicated to theater, art, film, music and dance, and many of the shows are free for students.
• Take a few steps off campus to Philadelphia’s Avenue of the Arts, which hosts a vast array of professional performances.
TEMPLE CAMPUS FAST FACTS
•Most Popular Event: TU Palooza (outdoor festival)
•Favorite Study Spot: Paley Library
•Favorite Late-Night Event: Free Food and Fun Fridays
PHILADELPHIA FAST FACTS
•Nearest Ocean: Atlantic
•Nearest Mountains: Poconos
•Art Scene: Known as an art destination for its world- class museums and galleries, such as the Barnes Foundation.
SAFETY IS A TOP PRIORITY.
• Stadium lighting and 90 Call boxes are located around campus.
• The TU Alert system sends information via text message and email so members of the Temple community can quickly and easily take a certain action or avoid a certain location.
• In 2016, Temple launched a new, on-demand evening shuttle service for students living around Main Campus. The service uses an app-based interface called TapRide to increase user convenience and driver efficiency. Flight shuttles operate from 5:30 p.m. to 6 a.m. seven days per week during the academic year.
• Official social media channels are set up to provide timely information and updates.
Natura Cosmeticos (Brazil)
Murtti Capital (China)
BIT Congress (China)
Samjong KPMG (Korea)
Pusan International Film Festival (Korea)
Alimentacion y Bienestar SA (Mexico)
HMI Group (Taiwan)
Product Development Engineer, Ford Motor Company
Center for Disease Control and Prevention
Ernst & Young
Honda JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
Museum of Modern Art (NYC)
National Institute of Health
• On-campus jobs.
• Payment plans that help students and families manage tuition bills.
AVERAGE TUITION AND FEES
AVERAGE ROOM AND BOARD
AVERAGE BOOKS AND SUPPLIES
ESTIMATED PERSONAL EXPENSES INCLUDING TRANSPORTATION
TYPICAL COST OF ATTENDANCE
Apply online at
or use the Common Application.
• STEP 2
MAIL THE FOLLOWING ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS TO TEMPLE INTERNATIONAL ADMISSIONS:
• Official high school and/or university transcripts with English translations
• Standardized tests:
First-year applicants: Submit the results of at least one of the following tests: SAT, ACT, TOEFL, IELTS or PTE.
Transfer applicants: Submit the TOEFL, IELTS or PTE unless you meet one of the following exemptions:
• You have successfully completed English composition at a U.S.- accredited college or university.
• English is your native language. The required English proficiency:
• TOEFL: 79
• IELTS: 6.0
• PTE: 53
• One recommendation letter is required for freshmen. Recommendation letter is not required for transfer students.
• Art, dance and music students have
additional portfolio and/or audition requirements.
• STEP 3 Submit I-20 Application and
Visa Documents Through Tuportal.
WHEN TO APPLY
RECOMMENDED APPLICATION DEADLINES
WITH ACCESS TEMPLE
• No need to retake the TOEFL or IELTS exam
• Earn college credits toward your degree
• Study on Temple’s Main Campus and become part of the Temple community
• Minimum GPA
Freshmen: 3.0 high school GPA
Transfers: 2.5 university GPA
HOW TO APPLY:
|TOEFL 74–78||1 semester of Access Temple|
|TOEFL 65–73 | IELTS 5.5 | PTE 46–52||1–2 semesters of Access Temple (determined by writing evaluation)|
|TOEFL below 65 | IELTS below 5.5||Provisional Admission (see below)|
DO YOU HAVE A TOEFL SCORE BELOW 65?